Leapfrog is an abstract strategy board game that is simple enough for younger children to play. Any number of players may participate.
All the buttons are laid out in the beginning of the game covering the whole board. You chose a button to hop over and capture other buttons on the board. The winner is the one who captures the most buttons (for younger players) or obtains the most points (each button colour gives different number of points) when it's impossible to capture anymore.
+ Bonus! Instructions for 3 more games to play with the set:
- Little Soldiers - ludus latrunculorum – an ancient strategy board game played throughout the Roman Empire
- Petteia - an ancient Greek game
Made in Bulgaria!
The game set consists of:
- one 12x12 uncheckered board – a 4 piece cardboard puzzle – 23cm x 23cm
- 66 red buttons, 51 blue buttons, 21 green buttons, 6 yellow buttons: high-quality polyester buttons, produced in Bulgaria by a company that is STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certified.
- A beautiful durable box for storage – diameter 16 cm, height 12.5 cm.
- Easy instructions and examples in English and Bulgarian.
Number of players: 2+ Any number of people can play, almost without limit.
You can find the instructions in English here.